Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Good, the Dark and the TRULY GROSS side of India........


The Good, the Dark and the TRULY GROSS side of India........
Celias View Jan 5th 2007

We spent our last couple of days in South Goa hanging out mostly on Patnem Beach just around the headland from Palolem.

It was much quieter although the sea itself was still a bit average as it was in Palolem but there was one huge drawcard as far as me and Netty were concerned , a great beachside restaurant called Home.

Now this place was in no way the place to go to get great Indian food or any element of India whatsoever actually but if you wanted to just lie back in a comfy circle of cushions, drink lattes instead of Chai, eat yummy bitter lemon tart instead of cashew sweets, have bruschetta instead nan and watch the sunset over a beautiful empty arabian sea than it was absolutely perfect!

Me and Netty even trekked back super early before our departure to Hampi just to have poached eggs, hollandaise sauce and spinich. Hollandaise Sauce!

On the way back to Palolem though I stepped barefoot on what turned out to be the base end of a used syringe. Nice. It had been left there for any small child to pick up and when I civic mindedly picked it up with my shawl and asked the restaurant owner whose path I was treading through to dispose of it , he simply threw it back on the ground when he thought I wasn't looking....Sigh....

Straight after that I stepped on something even MORE GROSS if possible when the bottom of my havanas which I had put back on after my first nasty experience got stuck to something which turned out to be a dead squashed rat. Ugh...

And then when you really think it couldnt get any grosser Curt and I happened upon a very sick cow making its way towards us with pus pouring out of its nose. It was yellow and had flecks of blood all through it and was COMPLETELY GROSS!
but because I was mesmorised by the gross cow in person what do you think I managed to step in that it had left on the ground? That right....yellow , blood flecked cow pus!

Labels:

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]