Thursday, March 15, 2007

Sky Diving - Wanaka

Sky Diving - Wanaka - Curt's View


I wanted to go Bungy Jumping off the the highest Jump on the south Island Nevis Wire (143m), but Celia had other ideas. To help her on the quest to get better, she thought that Jumping out of a small Plane at 12000 feet would help, I had to agree.

So for a mere $270NZ we did, at a place called Wanaka (1 hour out of Queenstown). We where originally going to go in Queenstown but decided against it with company's there because all there advertising seemed a bit of a wank with lines like "embrace the fear". What a load of bollocks.

So we drove up to Wanaka and headed for a great little family owned and operated company called Skydive Lake Wanaka (www.skydivenz.com). The guys that you jump with where great, really relaxed (although they do 17/18 jumps a day) and made us feel very comfortable and excited.

Celia opted for a DVD filmed by the guy she was attached too for a little extra money, I on the other hand chose to be a tight ass. However my guy was a ginger and since gingers have a special relationship he said he would film for me anyway, get the DVD made up and if I liked then i could by it. On the way out to the plane, he told me that the boss wasn't in today and maybe if I didn't tell the girls at the front counter, he could get it for me half price. I thought - why the hell not, (you got to reward the guy for trying to make a buck)


Well there's not much to tell about the actual skydive that you cant now see from the DVD. So we have put them on Youtube and the links are below.

Oh this picture is off my feet and how I had to tape my thongs on.

Check out Curt's Jump
Check out Celia's Jump

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]